- Electrum Wallet
- QT Wallet
- Mobile Wallets
Verge Qt Wallet Installation Guide for Mac
As of 5-16-2019 and the release of Lumos Wallet v5, this instructions set for v4.x is deprecated. You should go here to get the installation guide for the Verge Lumos v5 Wallet for Mac
How to: Install the latest Verge Qt Wallet — Mac High Sierra
Step 1- Download the wallet here:
link — VERGE-Qt-4–7–2018.dmg
- Open Finder and double click VERGE-Qt-4–7–2018.dmg file from the downloads folder.
- Click and drag VERGE to the Applications folder to the left:
THAT’S IT FOR STEP 1 — DON’T BE TEMPTED TO OPEN YOUR WALLET…
Step 2 — Download Blockchain: Pick any of the 2 servers.
- This will take some time. Wait for Blockchain to download before moving to Step 3.
Step 3 — Installing the Blockchain:
Download the file – verge_blockchain_download.py
- Go to Finder and drag the file verge_blockchain_download.py from Download folder to your Desktop.
- Open Spotlight Search on your Mac by selecting Command + SpaceBar on your keyboard.
- Type: Terminal and hit enter.
- Terminal opens up.
- Copy: cd ~/Desktop paste it in Terminal and hit enter.
- Copy: python verge_blockchain_download.py paste it in Terminal and hit enter.
- At this point you’re installing the blockchain, just wait as you see the % increase. You’re done once you see — copying extracted files.
Your installation is complete. Enjoy.
Having issues opening your wallet after these steps? Aight.
Step 4: Open Terminal.
In Terminal run these 4 commands separately starting with xcode-select –install
For OSX users who have issues on High Sierra, do this:
Open the terminal and run following commands in the exact order:
- xcode-select –install
- /usr/bin/ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)”
- brew doctor
- brew install boost
Created: January 31, 2021